Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

On 4/16/2012 3:19 PM, Jack wrote:
On 4/16/2012 2:23 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/16/2012 12:10 PM, Jack wrote:

Not to mention ear "muffs" could simply be ear plugs, not something you
wear in the winter to keep your ears warm.

Ummm Ear Muffs Jack, your words..

But either way I would prefer not to wear any type of hearing protection
for that long of a period of time. And for the small squeeze rubber
inserts, those don't stay in place well for me.

No argument there, but since I already own a shop vac that does
everything I need, I'll wear the ear muffs until it breaks, cause it
sucks good enough to suck most anything that fits in it's 2 1/2" hose. I
now see I could replace it with a super quiet 58db Dewalt for 1/2 the
price of a Festool. I won't replace it till it breaks though, so it's
sure to last another 35 years. I doubt I'll be able to hear anything by
then.

What? what did you say? LOL Get a quieter one now so that you won't
kick yourself for waiting so long.