Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

Jack wrote:

Well, I've done plenty of work for people, and have had work done for
me, and the shop vac decibel level was never, ever, not even once an
issue. You are one bazaar dude.

I have to agree. I don't do the amount of work that Swingman and Leon do
for other people, but in all of the work that I have done for others (and
that is not an inconsequential amount of work) on site, I have never heard a
complaint about the level of noise or the amount of dust in the containment
area - or even slightly outside of it. I'd say that some amount of that is
expected. I imagine there may be very high end jobs where it may be a
factor, but how many of us really ever find ourselves in that environment?
If we do - how many times?

--

-Mike-