Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Truth emerging about Fukushima.

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 13:18:22 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So a mere 30% increase in biological photosynthesis would be enough to
sweep all the human CO2 back into the organic matrix..to make
ultimately 'more fossil fuel'

Just bubble CO2 from powerstations into et see and let blue green algae
work.

The sea is a massively better construction than anything man made when
it comes to sweeping up CO2.

If it's that good why are CO2 levels rising?

system lag.

what you will most likely see if my hypothesis is reasonably meaningful,
is a LOT of blue-green algal blooms appearing, probably followed by a
lot of things that feed off them. Then when those things die, they carry
the carbon to the sea bed.

But first you have to wash the CO2 out of the air with lots of rain.

CO2 in sea water measurements will show when that has happened. IIRC te
half life in the atmosphere 5 oyears..

That will take a few years. But that COULD be improved by pumping air
through seawater. Or even CO2.
However there is as usual a debate about what happens once its in the
water..

http://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-residence-time.htm

claims that it doesn't get sequestered by marine organisms for any
length of time.

If CO2 is actually a problem at all, which seems to be open to pretty
heated debate.

My guess is that as usual we don't have more than half an answer.

I reason that if there were not fairly hefty negative feedback systems
to regulate the atmosphere, we would have seen many violent and rapid
fluctuations of temperature associated with carbon dioxide in the past -
but the geological record does not show this.

and how hard it is to achieve it.