Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT The 1970s

Hugh - Was Invisible wrote
John Williamson wrote
Mr Pounder wrote
Tim Streater wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

BBC2 tonight at 9.00pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01glsyl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/2012/04/the-70s.shtml

It might be of interest to some posters. I did say it was OT.

I count myself fortunate to have been living overseas for the whole of
the 70s. Looks like it was Britain's ****tiest decade ever.

Am I the only one that knows that Britain has been bankrupt since the
end of WW2?

Technically, Britain isn't bankrupt at the moment, as we are owed about
100 Billion dollars more by other contries than we owe them.

Unless you're talking about moral bankruptcy, in which case it started
in the 1920s, according to some, and the 1960s according to others.

Wasn't it the 1980s when Thatcher said it was OK to do do anything you
could get away with to succeed.

She never said that.

She was heading for a huge election defeat

Yes.

until she manufactured the Falklands War.

That's a lie.