Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

dennis@home wrote:

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 16/04/2012 12:27, dennis@home wrote:

Everyone except you seems to understand...

I understand.
A POP client downloads stuff to a local mail file.
Typically the server is somewhere out there on the net.
The local files are on the machine the client is on.
The servers mail database is not a local file to the POP client at all.
You can argue what you like but it doesn't change the facts.

You know little about _servers_ and the connections they make.

I know that the whole thing is about TNP saying "no POP client" and not
"no POP server".

which you failed to understand in practice amounts to the same thing: a
pop client wont work without a pop server will it?

So you could not e.g. run a Eudora client against an exchange server and
download your mail from it to a local file system on the client machine.

Now I could have spelt that out in words of one syllable especially for
thick ****s like you, but frankly everyone else got it and to be honest,
where you are concerned, I am not sure I really give a ****.

however you can continue to wriggle about servers for as long as you like.

and how hard it is to achieve it.