Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

On 4/15/2012 9:54 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Bill wrote:

Just curious, who would recommend me to use (or not use) a jointer
for this project (thinking the process and results would be better)?

With all due respect, I'll put Mike M. and Beltsander-Jack down for
"Ney". Any "Ayes"?

A jointer has no place in this project; however, a 48" wide commercial
drum sander is another matter.

Really? It's exactly where a jointer gets it's name? You could get by
w/o one perhaps, but it's place is locked in history...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com