Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

On 4/16/2012 12:18 PM, Jack wrote:
On 4/15/2012 5:55 PM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 13:20:13 -0400, wrote:
...and not so much in others. I'm perfectly happy with my 35 year old
shop vac, and am willing to wear ear muffs rather than spend a $100 or
so on a new one that is a bit quieter, and certainly won't spend $645 on
a Festool that does pretty much the same thing, regardless of how pretty
and quiet it might be...

And what if that Festool vacuum is part and parcel of getting and
keeping customers.

It would not be part and parcel of getting and keeping customers. You
sure are a goofy sucker.

LESS dust in a customer's house.

My 35 year old shop vac sucks up dust and water just fine. When I use it
with my $100 sander, I get zero dust, don't even need a dust mask. It is
loud, but it is very old and very cheap. You could buy vacs at half the
cost (still expensive for a damned vac) of a Festool and quieter. Ridged
for exam

Much LESS noise in
that same customer's house. May customers are living in the same house
a contractor my be working in.

Got a smart reply to that scenario Jack?

Well, I've done plenty of work for people, and have had work done for
me, and the shop vac decibel level was never, ever, not even once an
issue. You are one bazaar dude.

Well Joe the fixer upper down the street has done plenty of work for
people too, and he was cheap!

But do this for a living, and better and quieter tools are appreciated
by the customer and the user.