Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Your Opinions On "Smart Meters"

In article ,
" wrote:

You can get around 6-7% dividend return on quite a few companies, many
even 4 or 5 stars on S&P. Go down to 5% or so and picks up even more
and that is with just a simple screen. 0.7% is hardly realistic either
outside of a money market.

I've been getting that in the (conservative) bond funds I have in my 401K. The
money in the bank has been doing about .5%, though.

Which is largely why only my emergency money is in the bank. The stuff I
can not lose.
BTW: that 5% is dividend only in my illustration. By the time you
add in the increase in price, the total return is much better.