Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your Opinions On "Smart Meters"

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:10:32 -0400, Duesenberg wrote:

Last year my 5 yearTD "index" fund of $5000 didn't make me a cent.
The good part is it didn't loose me any either

Which TD fund? Most of my TFSA's RRSPS and my daughter's RESP are in
TD e series funds. I usually get about 4 to 5% on the e-series CDN bond
funds and I keep the Bond fund at about 15 to 20 percent of portfolios.
The CDN Index e-series fund has been about 6.5% a year average for
me since I started in 2004.

And I usually contribute $150 each a month to these accounts.

Mine was a 5 year RSP index fund with a 0%minimum and 25% maximum
yield limit. It is back in for a minimum 2% and maximum 20% for
another 5 years.

If I had started with zero and put in money every week I would likely
have done better due to averaging, but I put mine in just before the
big drop. The guarantee only guarantees I cannot loose any of my
principal over the term of the deposit. If the fund looses , say 50%
and then gains 7% per year I'm still sitting at a net zero position