Posted to rec.woodworking
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default machinists and fabricators I need help

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
Went to an estate sale and picked up a cordomatic 800.

It won't lock the cord in place, so after taking it apart I saw that it
needed new pawls to stop it. I started fabricating new ones.

Image is here. http://i.imgur.com/uosxJ.jpg

These were riveted in with pop rivets... How do I re- pop rivet them in
and still allow them to swing freely? I thought about a cardboard spacer
but that would be too much trouble trying to remove the cardboard to free
it back up.

For my $1 investment I hope to get this working. 1 hours work to make 3 of
these pawls so not too bad while I'm waiting for some wood I got last week
to acclimate to my shop.

OT not wood. Tap the hole. Use machine screw. Adjust as needed. Use thread
lock on the screw. Problem solved. WW