Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Truth emerging about Fukushima.

harry wrote
Rod Speed wrote
harry wrote
Tim Streater wrote
harry wrote

Yes, it is expensive to build machines to gather renewable energy but
there is no fuel to buy thereafter.

Expensive to build and maintain, and they don't do much. In fact there
are periods when they do next to nothing, as the gridwatch site shows.
Lots of periods of several days when our 8-billyun wind investment,
rated at 4GW, produces less than 200MW. Gonna take a long time to cover
the carbon cost of manufacture, at that rate.

And we can see the economics of nuclear, the Germans have pulled out.
And TurNiP still hasn't explained how to deal with the nuclear waste.

That's not for *economic* reasons, harry, but *political* ones. And
there's not much to explain about the waste. You've obviously been
nodding off and missed it.

Oh? so why isn't it being dealt with?

Because its going to be reprocessed into more nuke fuel, stupid.

This IS the remainder from reprocessed fuel

Like hell it is with future high speed breeders etc, stupid.