Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Truth emerging about Fukushima.

"harry" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 12:52 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:26:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Without power, the big cities will last a few weeks.

You give them that long? Pull the plug and I reckon there would be
open revolt, riots and looting well within 24hrs. If it wasn't such a
serious situation it would be interesting to see what people looted,
plasma tellies or nonperishable food, I know what I'd be after.

Of course the plug won't just be pulled. The markets will force
prices up, more and more will end up in fuel poverty, rolling/rota'd
power cuts will start, some demonstrations, moving slowly
(weeks/months) into out and out civil unrest.

The writing is on the wall for those that can read and care to look.

Yes, you're right. In a few hours there would be no water, gas,
petrol, food,TV radio. Plenty of sewage (running down the streets).

But we don't see mass rioting when that happens due to floods etc.

The Turnip is just mindlessly hyperventilating.

But it could be sudden. Just takes a cold spell and a few grid problems.

Or a decent flood. Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

Even losing WW2 didn't produce that either.