Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

Adrian C wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
wrote:

I've no idea what 'Outlook' is.

An email and calendaring client. Talks to Exchange servers, which are
well known for having huge, regularly corrupted, proprietary databases.

Now you know what I do.

Microsoft Outlook is intended for business use.

Its intended for a lot more than just business use.

It requires Exchange Server for collaborative feature use.

And many don't need collaborative feature use.

Outside of a work environment, Microsoft Office software (OS and
Applications) is about 10% fully functional.

That number is pure fiction.

The same goes for Professional versions of their operating systems, which
are configured in the box to be preferably sitting on an Active Directory
Domain.

That's overstated too. They work fine in non business situations.

So consumers complain of application bloat.... they've really been sold
the wrong product, and worse - they receive little or no relevent
training.

Modern systems arent about training anymore.

Best place for them in fact is cloud based computing.

Nope. Hordes do fine with local computing.

No local OS and application installation nonsense.

But plenty of other nonsense like having to have net access all the time.

Not that practical for many.

But ...

Right. I'd not want by diary details kept on a server. Although there's
nothing secret, it would give details of when I'm out of the house, etc.
And all the anniversaries etc I need - just the thing someone might want
for identity theft.

.. completely understandable consumer paranoia says no.

Pity there is no alternative with 'cloud'