Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink ...

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:53:07 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

the flat section of line after the trap is likely sluged up. why not
take it apart and check or use a low cost snake to clean it out.......

my best friend had a problem like yours, he called a plumber, the flat
area of the line was smaller than a pencil......

Sounds like you had the same expeience I had a couple of months ago.
Plastic pipe may be slightly less liable to clog because the inside
generally is smoother, but the flat horizontal section still builds up
crud over time. The OP didn't say if it was always slow, but if it
has always been slow, it sure took him a long time to figure that out.

Wasn't always slow. The stuff I tried this time worked last time.

Damned True Value snake won't even fit thru my drain. A little
Zip unclogger brought up very little slime.

If it gets a bunch worse, I'll rent a real snake.

Thanks,