Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink ...

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
Just an old 2-basin kitchen sink. We ripped the old copper drainpipe out
maybe 4 years ago, installed ~ 5' of pvc.

Drain runs slow. Works, but obviously only 2/3 of capacity. I start
with bakg soda and vinegar, then some crystal Drano, then the pot of
boiling water, then the plunger. No noticable effect.

Any ideas?

Does it flow slow from the get-go,
If not how much water has to go down the drain before it slows down or
stops?
The volume should tell you how far down the pipe you may have a blockage.

One of the more useful tools for clogged pipes are drill operated drain
snakes
http://compare.ebay.com/like/1607544...pes& var=sbar
The smaller ones that can be run with a drill are inexpensive and will
address 70+% of the problems
For the rest just rent a professional one
http://compare.ebay.com/like/3208330...pes& var=sbar
They come with removable heads to attack different problems
These will clean out 2" or bigger pipe
They can even chop up rootlets invading the run to the sewer

Alternately, your drain pipe may just be clogged with gunk on the sidewalls