Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Scotch airer easy winch

In message , S Viemeister
writes
On 4/15/2012 8:18 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
On 2012-04-15, S Viemeister wrote:

Except when it's called a 'pulley'.

Really, for the whole apparatus including the slats& the rope, as
well as the pulley in the narrow sense? (I didn't know that.)

As a child, I found it confusing, but yes - the whole contraption is
'the pulley'.

We did have one (in Aberdeen) when I was very young. Removed when the
kitchen was modernised. And I can't for the life of me remember what
mother called it. I'll ask my older brother.

I still have mine, mounted over the (now-defunct) Rayburn.

It is known as the *pulley haully* here. Lives over the freezer in the
utility room.

regards
--
Tim Lamb