Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED Lightbulbs

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
I realise you're not technical, Dennis, but multiple lamp halogens
could do exactly the same thing. Although just why you'd want to
escapes me.

I realise you don't know as much as you think but the optics to do that
with halogen lamps would be rather difficult. The filament would have
to be too long to actually make the sharp cut off required.

A sharp cutoff is achieved with a french flag. Many many cars with halogen
and HID units do this. LEDs will be no different. It's down to the optics,
not light source.

But I guess you don't know much about the differences between LED lamps
and filament lamps.

Obviously a lot more than you.

But it's nice to see you're impressed by computer animation.

Its not all animation, but I realise that you can't tell the difference.
Even Mickey mouse cartoons are more impressive than you these days.

If they have to resort to animation, it means real world conditions don't
show the effects they're conning the likes of you into believing. Are you
actually dribble? He's another who believes everything he sees in adverts.

--
*Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.