Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default LED Lightbulbs

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 21:46:08 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

But I'm talking about proper fog where you're reduced to walking pace.

Proper fog that most people never ever see.

I think I've had to drop to front fogs just a handful of times up
here on the North Pennines where we almost live in the hill fog. When
the snow poles are too far apart to see from one to the next, there
is thick fog visibilty about 15' max and everything is also smoothly
covered in snow with no tracks to follow it makes for an
"interesting" drive. Fast walking pace, concentration, and "if it
gets bumpy I'm probably no longer on the road". B-)

Last had that coming home from walking on Kinder Scout. Brilliant day on the
tops but cloud below 1500'.
On the last roundabout on the southern edge of Derby I lost the kerb and had
to go round again; I could just see the signs fron about 5 yards away.

A bit further on we turned L into a pub's car-park (we often used that pub)
and were followed by another car. The other car realised that we'd parked
and swung L. It got to an exit (visibility there was about 10 yards), turned
L onto a minor road, reached the A-road from which it had come and turned R!
It had Channel Island plates, so it might just have been a tad lost - only
180 deg. though.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away