Posted to alt.home.repair
thegrayguy thegrayguy is offline

Default amana washer belt shreds often... why?

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...hy-511081-.htm
thegrayguy wrote:

r wrote:

Hi,

I own an Amana clothes washer, model CW8203W2, purchase ~9 years ago.

I never had a problem until about 3 years ago when the drive belt
started falling apart. I replaced it with a stock replacement
following the instructions in the Amana repair manual.

Last summer, I had to replace the belt a 2nd time.

Last week, I opened the front panel only to notice that the belt is
again starting to fall apart. There are pieces of the material the
covers the belt here and there in the washer, and there is rubber dust
everywhere.

I'll be replacing it yet again in the next few weeks, but I was
wondering if there is any adjustment required to ensure these belts
last longer. What could be causing belts to fail so quickly?

Thanks for any insight on this.