Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Best way to scrap/liquidate gold coins and gold teeth

"Ignoramus26859" wrote in message
I have some gold coins and some gold teeth, all legitimately
obtained.

The coins, are old Russian tsar gold coins with a picture of a dumb
looking guy (Nichloas II) on them.

What is the most straightforward and relatively optimal way to sell
that stuff. Thanks

Take them to a coin shop to make sure you know what they are worth. Try to
ascertain how many karat gold they are. Then do the math. Teeth may have
to be crushed, or with a little searching, a buyer may be found.

Shop around when selling. We sold a gold necklace for $900 in Las Vegas
that we were offered $450 for here in Utah. They are NOT all the same, and
whatever you do, don't send it to one of those through the mail things. I
just saw a study where they sent 12 identical items, and from top to lowest
price was one hell of a spread. Like $100 for the top buyer, and $25 for
the lowest. Same gold, same amount.

I'd google "dental gold buyer", and start there.

Steve