Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Booting problem - Toshiba Netbook NB200

On Apr 13, 2:41*pm, News wrote:
In message
, NT
writes

On Apr 13, 2:06*pm, News wrote:

When shut down, for any reason, it will not restart until the battery
has run down, and I mean completely flat. *Every little volt. *Removing
the battery does not help - the battery has to be in place, but
completely expired, which normally takes a couple of days. *Then, with
the charger plugged in, it will boot normally and run perfectly, either
from battery or mains until the next upgrade/shut down.

Maybe try an OS with more uptime

grin *Perhaps strangely, uptime has never been a problem. *The only
time I reboot is following installation of MS updates.

I've no idea re the fault, best to
ask on sci.electronics.repair.

OK, thanks.

It sounds like uptime is one half of the problem. Frequent updates
result in downtime each time. Hopefully you've fixed it now, if not
though I'd simply switch off autoupdates if its not a security
critical machine, or if it is, try a few linux live CDs to see if
something more stable suits you. Mint 7 is a good replacement for xp,
and can happily keep running weeks at a time with a 2G swap partition
(the bigger the swap, the more uptime). Support has ended for 7, so no
updates, and seldom any reason to reboot.

NT