Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 07:42:08 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
They were difficult to turn after 5~10 years but
about 8 years ago we installed a water softener and the next time I
turned off any of the supply valves any where in the house they turned
like they were brand new. This did not happen immediately but
eventually all of the ones that I worked on operated freely.

Hard water causes all sorts of problems. Early on, I'd have figured
your wife would have had trouble with dishes and clothes washing and
gotten you to do something about it.

Of course, those things may well be part of your duties and you just
put off the hard/soft water fix for a number of years.