Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default Protecting render from TV mast

"Rod Speed" writes:

"Windmill" wrote in message
harry writes:

On Apr 7, 3:07=A0pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 07/04/2012 08:55, harry wrote:

I have seen them on masts. They have to have a clear "view " of the
satellite.

Indeed. =A0Ours has a clear view from just below first floor window
level=
.

Andy

Mine six feet off the ground. (We are on a hill)

The place I was talking about is just outside a conservation area where
planning permission is required to fit dishes, TV aerials, etc. and I'm
guessing the neighbours wouldn't be too pleased by a dish on the wall
facing them.

So a dish on a mast strapped low down on a chimney and just above the
flat roof, all near the back, seems the best bet. (I think!)

I just bolted mine down to the flat roof.

Having seen too many 30,000 pound bills from the City for renewal of
slightly larger roof areas, I'd be very nervous about that.
(If those bills hadn't been split among 10, 20, or 30 flats, they would
have been killers).

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m