Glen Duff

Default Delta Drum Sander 16 x 32

Pierre,

A few years ago I was making considering the Delta and the Performax.
If you do a search of the archives you will find David Eisan's excellent
post comparing the two. As a result of this I went with the performax
and purchased a good used machine where David Eisan works at Federated
Machinery in London, Ontario for about $900 Canadian. I do not regret
my decision and would highly recommend the Performax.

Drum sanders are a little tricky to use but with a little experience
problems such as burning can be kept under control. The main things I
learned was take a minimum of stock off in each pass, particularly with
the finer grits. The 120 is as fine as I usually get although you can
go to 150 depending on the material. Avoid sanding at the edges of the
roller when possible and make sure the sandpaper is snug. When I change
paper I usually re-tighten the paper after using it for a minute or two.
Also, avoid wood that that is gummy.

Good luck and go with the best.

Glen Duff

Pierre Boucher wrote:

Can anyone give me some feedback??? I'm considering buying this tool in the
near future. Is it worth the $1000-$1200? Can you really do a 32 inch wide
panel without seeing a seem?

thanks