Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tangerine3@toyotamail.com is offline

Default tree hooks

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:49:44 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 4/12/2012 6:03 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I have a tree limb I want cut off.
It is about a 1000 lbs branch at a 30 degree incline off the vertical
and 20 ft off the ground.
I was wondering if there is an attachment one could make to a tree
which would hold a chain saw which would complete the cut. I have a
guy who cuts my trees, but turned down the work. How much should I
offer for that sort of job?
I know that people suspend themselves off trees or ladders, but I'd
feel much better if someone
were to just build a mechanism which holds a chain saw in place which
just completes a cut.
Is there such a thing? I have seen attachments to a backhoe but I
don't want anything like that in my hard because of the irrigation and
sewer lines in the yard.
I'd feel much better knowing that everyone is far away from the tree
when the branch falls off.

I'd think dropping a half ton on your yard from 20 feet might not be
good for stuff either. Good tree cutter would tie it off to prevent
damage on dropping.

All the OP needs to do is park his car under the limb when it falls.
The car will absorb the shock of the fall and that will avoid doing
damage to the lawn. because the car springs and tires will absorb the
impact.