Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shear strength of screws

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:33:16 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 21:57:59 -0400, "m II" wrote:

Did my house in PEX but I will never use those sharkbite fittings. Too
expensive and I don't trust them.

The pinch ring fittings work fabulous and never seen one leak in four
houses, all done by amateur labour.

As long as you use good pinch rings and the proper tool. My one
reservation with the rings is how long will they last, and what
happens if one corrodes in the wall? (say a mouse ****es on it, or
some other chemical reaction weakens the clamp material)

The rings are copper, they should be at least as resistant to mouse pee
as copper pipe, and there's a lot less area exposed to mouse pee.

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
.. .
Ugh! I just can't warm to those. I've used them and I realize their
value,
but I just cannot get over the movement of the joint with them.

I thought the clips were aluminum or steel. Are they tinned copper, or
are yours different from what I see around here?

My rings are heavy copper with a black oxide coating. If the rings you
see are bright and shiny then they're stainless steel.