Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

"Swingman" wrote in message

On 4/13/2012 7:12 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:33:16 -0400, "J. Clarke"
The rings are copper, they should be at least as resistant to mouse pee
as copper pipe, and there's a lot less area exposed to mouse pee.

Don't know about mouse pee, but I've been thinking that the relatively
soft outer shell of PEX would be more apt to be chewed on than copper
pipe.

As it turns out, rodent damage is one of the few drawbacks of using PEX.
Maximum effective pest control is an _absolute requirement_ for anyone
contemplating using the product.
I have never had a problem with rodents around here. My five member feline
hit squad makes sure of that.