Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/13/2012 2:42 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
I just bought what Home Depot had (Sharkbite). They did go
together just as advertised, and they are indeed leak proof, so no complaint
on that end. But - they don't make a rigid run. The line in and the line
out have quite a bit of play in them so the entire run is somewhat floppy.
Probably will never leak, but it will always be floppy unless you put in
some additional hangers. For a quick fix - I use them. For something more
permanant - I sweat a joint.

What do you guys think about this apparatus:

http://www.garrettwade.com/copper-pi...ol/p/04D01.02/

I'm reasonably adept at sweating joints, but there have been some times when
this thing would have come in handy, assuming it works as advertised.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/