Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Laptop motherboard required

On 13/04/2012 19:18, David wrote:
My daughters laptop has stopped charging the battery. The battery is
fine in another identical laptop so I dont believe it is a battery
problem. The battery from the 'other' laptop will not charge in the
problem one.

I believe the easy solution is a new motherboard. The original
supplier no longer has any spares available.

The laptop was sold in the UK by Novatech but I think it is 'generic'
It has a model number L51II0 on the label on the base. It also has
'Made in China' 63GL51013-10 CM-2.

The motherboard was made by Uniwill. The only codes I am aware of are
ML 94V-0 E251244

Unfortunatly those two are codes which IIRC indicate the material of the
PCB, and the place which made it! Google either and count how many
products share the same, and how many folks are going nowhere with their
"can't find a driver" queries...

and a date (?) code 0704- 171. This is about right
for when it was bought.

OK, Uniwill L51II0 gets some hits.

http://www.uniwill.com/products/valu...i.php?HL=5&V=2

Probably not much help but this apparently was sold as an Advent 5303
Laptop.

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/5303.htm
http://adventspares.co.uk/index.php?...dex&cPath=2_19

Advent 5303 Mainboard Motherboard 92GL55060-C1 WORKING
http://search.ebay.co.uk/280833139921 - £79

For that price, I'd rather visit BigPockets?

--
Adrian C