Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Booting problem - Toshiba Netbook NB200

Brian Gaff wrote

I don't know much about these machines, but I wonder if its got some
problem with memory that gets corrupted when it reboots?

Doesn't explain why removing the battery doesn't fix that.

Is there any way on these machines to get into a bios or boot menu?

"News" wrote in message

We have a little net book, running XP, and it is a lovely little machine
for browsing the web, reading mail etc. Works perfectly except when
rebooted, which I only do after MS updates.

When shut down, for any reason, it will not restart until the battery has
run down, and I mean completely flat. Every little volt. Removing the
battery does not help - the battery has to be in place, but completely
expired, which normally takes a couple of days. Then, with the charger
plugged in, it will boot normally and run perfectly, either from battery
or mains until the next upgrade/shut down.

The battery itself seems to be OK - it will run the machine for several
hours, which is all it managed when the machine was new a couple of years
ago.

Any thoughts?
--
Graeme