Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Scotch airer easy winch

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:42:42 +0100, Nick Odell wrote:

... If
you were to mount something like a cable reel drum on the wall to wind
up the cord with, the cord would be kept tidily out of the way and you
would gain even more mechanical advantage over the load. Heath-Robinson,
eat your heart out.

I think a drum with handle would be neatest and would possibly give all
the mechanical advantage she needs without extra pulleys. I could rig
something up but I wonder if there's anything ready-rolled? Especially as
it would need some means of locking (though a chandlers might yield
something useful in that department).

--
John Stumbles

If atheism is a religion then "off" is a TV channel