Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Booting problem - Toshiba Netbook NB200

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:18:22 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

On Apr 13, 2:06*pm, News wrote:
We have a little net book, running XP, and it is a lovely little machine
for browsing the web, reading mail etc. *Works perfectly except when
rebooted, which I only do after MS updates.

When shut down, for any reason, it will not restart until the battery
has run down, and I mean completely flat. *Every little volt. *Removing
the battery does not help - the battery has to be in place, but
completely expired, which normally takes a couple of days. *Then, with
the charger plugged in, it will boot normally and run perfectly, either
from battery or mains until the next upgrade/shut down.

The battery itself seems to be OK - it will run the machine for several
hours, which is all it managed when the machine was new a couple of
years ago.

Any thoughts?

Maybe try an OS with more uptime I've no idea re the fault, best to
ask on sci.electronics.repair.

A little more infomation perhaps?
Anything on the screen, does it do the initial POST, any error
messages?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%