Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Scotch airer easy winch

On 13/04/2012 14:05, John Stumbles wrote:
My mum's got one of those contraptions of 4 strips of wood suspended from
a pair of metal hangers, raised and lowered from pulleys screwed into the
ceiling by sash-cord-type rope. She's getting on and finding it hard to
manage the weight so I'm thinking of some sort of winch which would give
her a mechanical advantage, or maybe even some sort of electric gizmo. My
Google-fu isn't winning he anyone have any suggestions for sources of
suitable devices?

Boat winch was my first thought but for a more domestic-friendly idea
why not simply use the power of mechanical advantage with multiple pulleys?

Then I found the following....
http://www.toolsdiy.co.uk/shop/view/...ng-pulley-set/
Looks like just the job.

:¬)