Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default bending mild steel 180

Another option may be to just install a straight piece onto the existing tab
that extends to the other side (if the existing tab doesn't interfere with
other parts).

The add-on piece could possibly be crimped on or soldered in place if there
is little load applied to it.
The shape of the add-on piece could be a T shape where the extended top ends
are bent to fit around the existing tab, then crimped or soldered in place.

Considering that the existing tab could possibly break off to bend it that
far, adding a new piece may be a worthwhile approach.. as Stan suggested.

--
WB

"xpzzzz" wrote in message
I need to "invert" a stamped steel part; at one end there is a spring
hook made with a 90 degree bend at its base. I need to flip this hook
180 so it is 90 degrees on the other side. The stamping is about 3/32"
thick and the hook projects maybe 1/4". I only have one chance at this.

I assume it is mild steel.

Cold? Hot? If hot how hot?