Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Pump on flow or return?

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wcoeamk6ytk5n5@i7-940...
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 23:58:22 +0100, brass monkey wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wcobpleuytk5n5@i7-940...
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:33:14 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 12/04/2012 15:15, Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:14:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 11/04/2012 20:16, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

(With vented systems, you also need a little care in selecting the
position relative to the feed and expansion pipes since you don't
want
the pump sucking gobs of air into the system down the vent pipe on
startup. (the reason a combined feed and vent works better))

Not sure what you mean by "vented". Mine has an expansion tank fitted
which is full of water (and refills from the main with a ballcock
should
you lose any water to leaks or over bleed radiators).

That's a vented system. The alternative is a sealed system, with no
tank, a filling loop and pressure gauge, and an expansion vessel.

I asked because I only have ONE pipe top the expansion tank. Not "feed
and expansion pipes".

Hence the pump could not suck air down it, it would need to suck the
whole
tank of water down first.

Best thing you can do (36 and nothing up top) is to ask your mate rodders
(or continue typing ******** in uk.rec.driving).

Get lost stalker.

You need stalking, pal. You're a bloody idiot.