Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Protecting render from TV mast

"Windmill" wrote in message
harry writes:

On Apr 7, 3:07=A0pm, Andy Champ wrote:
On 07/04/2012 08:55, harry wrote:

I have seen them on masts. They have to have a clear "view " of the
satellite.

Indeed. =A0Ours has a clear view from just below first floor window
level=

.

Andy

Mine six feet off the ground. (We are on a hill)

The place I was talking about is just outside a conservation area where
planning permission is required to fit dishes, TV aerials, etc. and I'm
guessing the neighbours wouldn't be too pleased by a dish on the wall
facing them.

So a dish on a mast strapped low down on a chimney and just above the
flat roof, all near the back, seems the best bet. (I think!)

I just bolted mine down to the flat roof.