Posted to uk.d-i-y
george [dicegeorge] george [dicegeorge] is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

On 10/04/12 18:20, Jim Hawkins wrote:
When I get a new PC it'll be Windows 7, but what are the pros and cons of
the two differebt bit sizes ?
I've heard you can't copy stuff from XP machines to 64 bit Win 7 machines.
Is that true ?
I'd like to copy .jpg and .pdf files, Outlook Express folders and MS Word
.doc files. Are those a problem, and if so, are there any workarounds or
conversion utilities available ?

Jim Hawkins

keep your old xp machine and your old printer for printing,
turn them on when needed,
the win7 machine should be able to network to them
which should be easier than all this virtual malarky?

[g]