Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

"dennis@home" :

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message news:jPiyt2G
"dennis@home" :

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message news:LoqIkEE
"dennis@home" :

It didn't stay plain text for long as it was somewhat difficult to
include diagrams and the such in plain text.

But surely you could have plain text with inline graphics, as in e-mail?

But by the time you have added tags and mime types, etc. is it really
plain text any more?

What I was meaning was, you don't need to go down the HTML route if you
want inline graphics. There are perfectly good standards for inline
graphics in plain text messages, and they've been working in this
newsreader for many a year. It's important not to be misled by the fact
that the authors of OE have never shown any interest in making it work
for their users.

Which ones do?

The product I use, Turnpike, has supported inline graphics for as long
as I can remember. In a nod to the apparent inability of OE's authors to
do the same, it offers (when inserting a file) to "Insert at end of
article", because AIUI that's the only place that OE can insert a file
in a plain text message, and therefore (using M$ logic) the only place
it expects a file in an incoming plain text message.

--
Mike Barnes