Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Help with basic elec. motor stuff

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:16:54 -0700, Winston wrote:

I don't even know how to properly test because I
don't understand the wiring. :-(

Series circuit. AC hot to switch, from switch to motor,
from motor to AC neutral, pretty much.
That is what you see, yes?

No. All I'm really familiar with is common house wiring. 3
wires, black (and maybe red), white, and bare (or green).
Connect black and white to device, close circuit, device
runs (if functional). 120v potential between black and
white. 240v between black and red (?).

Per the pics, shaded pole is wired red, black, and
blue. Where is Common?

Thx,