Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shear strength of screws

wrote:

But in MY opinion, a house plumbed with copper just looks so much
NEATER, and more professional than the "spiderwebs" of PEX that I see
in a lot of new houses. Nothing requires PEX to be run in straight
lines with neat 90 degree bends - so the "cheap" plumber just runs the
crap in the shortest, easiest route, looks be damned.

That's my biggest complaint with PEX - which admitedly, has nothing to do
with the product, but has everything to do with the installation. Installed
professionaly, it can look and perform as well as copper or CPVC, but it
seems the stuff is just plopped in place and it looks like hell.

--

-Mike-