Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/12/12 11:23 AM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:44:11 -0500,
Tru dat. Most resistance to new, better technology comes from old school
technophobes often entrenched in a corrupt system protecting their
fellow old schoolers and the technology they profit the most from. If
you can sit on a house for 3 days, sweating copper and charging like
it's rocket surgery, why would you switch to Pex and only get a 1/2
day's labor, then have to go find another client?

I'm thinking there might be less labour for plumbers on the home owner
side of the issue. I'd expect home owners doing a pex install for
themselves where they might run to a plumber to have a copper water
pipe soldered.

I mean, how difficult is it to install pex? Don't bend it too much and
crimp a collar onto a line. Can't get too much simpler than that.

I recently installed a bunch for my bathroom remodel and I'm still
scratching my head thinking, "It can't be this easy, there has to be
more to it than this."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)