Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/12/2012 8:20 AM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:05:03 -0500, wrote:
Pex is "fully code compliant", just try using it in building a house
many in jurisdictions across the US.

Has there been noticeable resistance to it? To me anyway, it looks
like the ultimate plumbing product. At least for the current state of
the art.

Absolutely in some areas, to the point that it can not be used. Although
as soon as some of these old farts on jurisdiction's zoning and building
standards boards retire, that should be subject to change.

Have you heard about this Karl?
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/...-no-resistance

Pretty cool ... heretofore most of that stuff is/was done at
temperatures not found outside a laboratory, but I expect it won't be
long before it becomes a reality in the real world.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010