Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default Hawwke-Ptooey: child of privilege

Hawke wrote:

Obviously I made the mistake of expecting that you would understand that
nothing anyone says is absolute. When you hear someone say everyone
loves America you should understand that doesn't mean literally
"everyone". I guess you don't.

My understanding or your statements is mediated by your statement that
you always tell the truth and never make a false statement.

Because the truth is they do have all
kinds everywhere including Nebraska but it's also true you don't get any
more conservative than being from Nebraska.

Yes you do
Most educated people would
understand my point.

You make so many stupid statements, how is one supposed to tell when
you are "exaggerating for effect", "using hyperbole", "sticking your
foot in your mouth", or just "making ANOTHER foolish statement that
you truly believe"?

But even if your thesis were true, that fact that your mothers family
were from there is ABOLOUTELY meaningless. It doesn't make you or here
conservative or liberal.

It means what it means any time anyone says I'm from the Midwest or I'm
from some other region of the country. Each region has certain
characteristics that apply to it. Being from the Midwest implies
conservatism.
Most Americans understand that is what it means when you
say that. You don't?

That implies something about your mothers parents and the rest of her
family, not her, not you. "Most Americans understand that is what it
means when you say that. You don't?"

But there is a fundamental
difference between people that hail from Nebraska compared to those
coming from NY city.

Yes there is! They have different zip codes. I would say different
accents,

If you don't know it's a lot more than that you're very ignorant.
but there are also so many WITHIN NYC that it is fairly
meaningless, just like your statement is.

I understand why you see it as meaningless.
Clearly, you didn't understand it.

Wrong I understood it, and think it shouts out your deep seated
cultural bias.

I grew up (partially) in the Midwest / True West, and lived for an
extend period in NY. I KNOW neither area is near as monolithic as a
small town boy such as you would like to think.

That is only one reason I
question your level of education. Because you misapprehend what is
written so frequently.

If you could write what you intend, it could clear that up now
couldn't it?

jk