Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default left-over car part from tow-bar fitting

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:57:21 +0100, Adam Funk
wrote:

A while back, I had a mobile service install a tow-bar on our car.
The fitters left a chunky piece of steel which obviously came from
under the car (it's almost the width of the car, and painted to match
on some sides). Is there any reason to keep it?

(For example, might it be worthwhile when we get rid of the car to
have the old tow-bar taken off to transfer onto another car? Or is
that not worthwhile?)

expect that the tow bar won;t fit another motor anyway?

I'd consider sticking it back on and taking the towbar off - ebay the tow
bar for ££ and your car will not be devalued by stigma of towing caravans
and other ****e wearing it our prematurely....

Jim K