Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default left-over car part from tow-bar fitting

On 12/04/2012 17:57, Adam Funk wrote:
A while back, I had a mobile service install a tow-bar on our car.
The fitters left a chunky piece of steel which obviously came from
under the car (it's almost the width of the car, and painted to match
on some sides). Is there any reason to keep it?

(For example, might it be worthwhile when we get rid of the car to
have the old tow-bar taken off to transfer onto another car? Or is
that not worthwhile?)

I've been ignoring it for a while, but am now tidying up& wondering
whether I need to hide it from roving scrap-gatherers.

I think you need to find out exactly what it is, and whether or not it
*should* have been left off!
--
Cheers,
Roger