Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

On 12/04/2012 14:07, hugh wrote:
In message , Mike Barnes
writes
hugh ]:
Anything which relies on 32 bit windows explorer will not run on 64 bit
W7. Unfortunately that includes my mail/usenet agent Turnpike which I
am loath to give up.

That's the one and only reason I've standardised on W7 32-bit.
Fortunately 4 GB is plenty for my (not exactly modest) needs.

It's probably plenty for the vast majority of people, but the "more is
better" brigade are running the show.
I run XP on 2 gb and it's enough most of the time.

Remember the OS base requirements are higher for Vista and Win7. So If
you are just ok with 2 on XP, you will need more on later OSs.

--
Cheers,

John.