Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin C. Martin C. is offline

Default Recirculating heat motor ... can it be quieted or bypassed (picincluded)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:24:42 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Legionnaires disease? Say what? If a circulation system was necessary
to prevent legionnaires disease, hundreds of millions of home around
the world would be having incidences of the disease.

I'm talking about a not circulating circulation system.

I understand.

I will put the timer in, set to run once a day.

I don't know if the lung-loving legionella would/could grow in the pipes
when they're not circulating (I thought they like air conditioning
systems), but it seems like cheap insurance against them.

Especially as they can't be seen and I wouldn't have any way of
identifying the bacterium in the water supply.