Posted to alt.home.repair
Martin C. Martin C. is offline

Default Recirculating heat motor ... can it be quieted or bypassed(pic included)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:33:54 -0700, Bob F wrote:

A timer set to run when you get up in the morning would give you the
advantage of instant hot water once a day.

I'm going to put the timer in, but not for the hot water.

It turns out the system actually seems to 'cool' the water (as explained
prior) because it mixes up the tank. That, of course, probably gives more
evenly heated water - but everyone has agreed the water appears hotter
(much hotter) simply by disconnecting the recirculation pump.

The reason I'll put the timer in place is to keep the legionella down.