Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

Swingman wrote in
:

On 4/11/2012 1:52 PM, Han wrote:

That is a different common sense than I know. But perhaps that is
because I worked for 34 years in a VA hospital, where things were
often done because ...

From someone who has been a patient at a VA hospital for 40 years. my
sympathies.

actually, as long as you are capable of taking control of, and being
personally involved in managing your own healthcare, the VA hospital
here is, for the most part, an excellent facility.

I'm sorry you were a patient for 40 years (I hope you were at least an
outpatient, not actually in a bed in the VA for all that time). But
kidding aside, I believe the Manhattan VA is an excellent hospital, with
caring health professionals up and down the ranks. I was a bench
researcher all that time. No patient care whatsoever. I did use a bit
of their employee health care, and those experiences were good if not
excellent.

It's in general the bureaucracy that is invoked when not really always
necessary, and immediately discarded when inconvenient to the rulers.

--
Best regards
Han