Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Hawwke-Ptooey: child of privilege

On 4/11/2012 11:13 AM, jk wrote:
wrote:
On 4/8/2012 10:32 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

I didn't have any
other choice. Besides that, my mother's side of the family came from
Nebraska. You don't get any more conservative than being from the Middle
West.

You think there are no liberals in Nebraska, or Kansas or...., and
that there is NO one more conservative than the most liberal Nebraskan
in say Orange County or Rural Oregon?

I've told you repeatedly that I know politics. So obviously I know there
are all kinds no matter where you go.

"So obviously you know" this? even though it contradicts your
absolutist statement. Either you "don't get any more conservative
than being from Nebraska", or "they have all kinds every where". The
two are mutually exclusive.

Obviously I made the mistake of expecting that you would understand that
nothing anyone says is absolute. When you hear someone say everyone
loves America you should understand that doesn't mean literally
"everyone". I guess you don't. Because the truth is they do have all
kinds everywhere including Nebraska but it's also true you don't get any
more conservative than being from Nebraska. Most educated people would
understand my point. You didn't. See why I question your IQ/education?
You misunderstand what an ordinary person should understand.

But even if your thesis were true, that fact that your mothers family
were from there is ABOLOUTELY meaningless. It doesn't make you or here
conservative or liberal.

It means what it means any time anyone says I'm from the Midwest or I'm
from some other region of the country. Each region has certain
characteristics that apply to it. Being from the Midwest implies
conservatism. Most Americans understand that is what it means when you
say that. You don't?

But there is a fundamental
difference between people that hail from Nebraska compared to those
coming from NY city.

Yes there is! They have different zip codes. I would say different
accents,

If you don't know it's a lot more than that you're very ignorant.

but there are also so many WITHIN NYC that it is fairly
meaningless, just like your statement is.

I understand why you see it as meaningless.
Clearly, you didn't understand it. But I'm not surprised because you
continue to demonstrate your penchant for misinterpreting or
misconstruing much of what is written. That is only one reason I
question your level of education. Because you misapprehend what is
written so frequently.

Hawke